About This Website And Elizabeth Richardson
Hello … it’s Elizabeth Richardson here. As well as being a successfully published author, website designer, mother and business developer, I’m also very passionate about our local area, sometimes called Prom Country, Bass Coast, Prom Coast or South Gippsland. In fact, I’m so dedicated to this area I have several other websites that provide valuable resources for our community. These websites include –
- South Gippsland Website Design – where you can learn how to build your own FREE website (the easy way) or if you don’t have time or the creativity, you can read up on the benefits of having a professional construct a website specially for you. Read the FAQ’s to find out more.
- South Gippsland Website – Photographs and comprehensive information about the South Gippsland region of Victoria, Australia.
- South Gippsland Pictures – A place where residents of the local area of South Eastern Victoria may advertise their business, services, products, news, events, functions or anything related to the region, from Phillip Island, Korumburra, Mirboo North, Yarram and all the coastal towns in between.
What Else? – Well besides all that, I renewed my interest in photography in April 2008 and despite NOT having highly professional equipment and only limited experience, my results have been good enough to get attention in various places. So far my work has been seen on advertising brochures, newspapers, other websites, real estate billboards and even local television.
UPDATE On Professional Photography Equipment – Our pictures have received so much attention that in May 2009 I purchased one of the best cameras on the market, the new Canon 5D II along with some of the very best lenses that Canon makes. The level of Commercial Photography work I’m being asked to do in South Gippsland is growing rapidly, thanks to all my supportive clients.
Purpose Of The ‘lifegames’ Photo Gallery Website – To provide a valuable community resource that supplies a large range of stock photography of the local area. These can be used for advertising material, brochures, newsletters, websites, newspapers, television and other media in their current resolution with our watermark attached. Something like this added to each photograph would be very much appreciated also … Photo supplied by lifegames Photo Gallery
Business Success – I suspect that much of my success is because I have an ‘Internet Presence’. My passion for building websites (for myself and other people) has certainly paid off, and I love watching other people succeed online too.
What To Do With Your Own Photographs – So many of us love photography…but not many of us know what to do with our work once it’s created. There are several well known options of course. You could –
- upload your photos to Flickr
- use Googles’ Picasa Web Albums
- try RedBubble
- start a photoblog with wordpress or blogger
- what about SmugMug
- if you’re good enough, you can sell your pictures through Stock Photography Websites like iStockphoto.com, Bigstockphoto.com, Shutterstock.com
- use a free service like SnapFish to store your photos and get them printed into all sorts of great items, maybe even sell some,
- and there are more options…
Keeping Control Of Your Photographic Material – But when you upload your photographs to the Internet, in many ways you lose control over what happens. So I thought I’d demonstrate how to create my own photo site to show how much more successful you too can be, hosting and controlling your own work.
Email Updates – As time goes by, I’ll let you know how it all progresses. In the meantime, sign up for email updates and get notified when new photographs are added to the website … and of course, I wish you all the very best.